What is the Equinox Religion Library?
A platform for the discovery, presentation and delivery of all our publications — books and journal material — on religion and religions and also an instructional site for course/class use by instructors and students. Only subscribers can access full text but anyone can search and read abstracts.
What is the Timeline for Completion?
We are launching with the South & East Asia Collection in late 2022. The Library will expand daily as new material is added both to existing collections and as we launch new collections. Islamic Studies and Indigenous Religious Traditions will be the next collections to launch in early 2023, and others will follow during 2023.
How is the Library Configured?
The Library is made up of different sub-collections:
- Ancient Near East & Mediterranean
- Indigenous Religious Traditions
- Islamic Studies (also available in Religions of a Single God collection)
- New Religious Movements, Contemporary Paganism, Western Esotericism
- Religions of a Single God — comprising Judaism, Christianity, Islam and other monotheistic religions as well as Biblical Studies
- Religions of/in South & East Asia
- Theory, Method & Special Topics
What are the Components of a Collection?
- Collections combine book, journal and encyclopaedic content
- All collections include journal articles; some collections include complete runs of specific journals as well as selected articles from other journals
- New publications, including journal articles and chapters from edited volumes are added immediately upon publication by their original source
How does the Pricing Work?
Please contact us for details and quotes. The basic points are:
- Hybrid Purchase/Subscription model (textbooks and journals are subscriptions)
- Collection prices are not available elsewhere
- Subscribers to more than one collection are only charged once for any content that is replicated across collections to which they subscribe.
- Subscription prices are adjusted to reflect any current journal subscriptions already held by libraries or any prior eBook purchases.
- Books and journals scheduled for the forthcoming year are included in the annual price for their scheduled publication year and, if delayed, the value is deducted from the renewal price of the subscription the following year or refunded.
What is a Premium Subscription
Premium subscriptions (a) allow access to the interactive editions of designated books (certain textbooks or other designed books such as reference works) so that instructors can create their own unique set of resources for students drawing on other material in a particular collection to which they subscribe and exploit other features of the platform for group instruction (b) allow unlimited simultaneous use of textbooks